Anyone can get hitched so long the criteria are met by them in line with the Danish Act in the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Whether you’re engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, someplace else in Denmark or abroad, you have to fill in and also have an application authorized.
The first it is possible to use is four months prior to the date you want to get hitched.
If you’re to have hitched in a new town than your town of residence, or in a church or any other spiritual community, you have to submit an application for a so-called “prшvelsesattest”. You must apply for an “жgteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.
The applying form could be the exact same whatever the document you make an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law therefore the Aliens Act has had influence on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can easily find out more about that plus the application procedure under “Application details” below.
Here it is possible to learn about the likelihood of a air that is open within the City of Copenhagen.
right right Here you can easily find out about the alternative of reserving a registrar to perform the wedding ceremony at a right time and put you decide.
Find out more in regards to the demands
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has brought impact on the first of January 2019.
The alteration ensures that some applications for wedding is going to be prepared by a main national unit run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners who must deliver their applications towards the main nationwide product are couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- have never acquired a residence that is permanent for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still wedding that is performing.
You have to deliver the application towards the municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bopжlskommune) if you both meet the criteria that are following
- You might be Danish or citizens that are nordic
- You have got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You’ve got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark based on EU-Law.
You can find out more relating to this on the internet site for the State management by hitting this website link.
You can easily read more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
If you should be both authorized as residents in Denmark, and now have NemID, you have to fill out and deliver the notice of wedding kind digitally.
Crucial: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before giving the job.
Because of the application you need to deliver the after documents:
- Scan of one’s passport or ID that is national if you should be perhaps maybe not really a Danish citizen created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or proof of directly to permanent residency in Denmark in line with the EU-rules, if you’re maybe perhaps not a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- For those who have resided an additional nation than Denmark within modern times, we would request a certification of marital status from your own past nations of residence
In cases where a document is given an additional language than English, German or Danish, or is perhaps not granted by way of A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 variations: the initial, and a interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation must certanly be done by way of a translator that is certified.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are released by Skatteverket, and needs to be no over the age of four months whenever they are sent by you to us.
- Scan regarding the image web web web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is released by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan of this image web web page of the legitimate passport
The prшvelsesattest needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
- Filled in notice of marriage type
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan for the photo web web page of the legitimate passport
- Marriages can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee that you’ll get hitched at the time you initially desire, so please don’t book travelling tickets until your date for your wedding is verified by the Wedding Office
- Copenhagen City Hall will offer two witnesses you are welcome to carry your personal. There is no need to see us concerning this until instantly ahead of the wedding service
- Exact Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised far away
- If you want to have your wedding certification legalised, you’ll find information right here
- It is possible to just replace your title if you’re registered being a resident in Denmark
- When you have been hitched abroad you are able to register your wedding in Denmark. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration workplace) and demonstrate to them your wedding certification. You’ll read more and discover email address for Folkeregisteret right right here (in Danish).
E mail us
The marriage Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for individual attendance
Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
Phone hours for basic concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Contact number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including getting a right time for the marriage service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon